Thursday, January 17, 2013

Seattle Recommendation: Get Your Hot Cakes! // Ballard

You may remember that back in December, sweet Autumn from Hot Cakes Molten Chocolate Cakery in Ballard, Seattle sponsored our Pre-Kit Release Press Party and brought delicious sipping caramel, mini s'mores and devilishly delicious chocolate cookies. I've been dreaming about those goodies ever since, so I was excited to stop by the shop for a coffee and lunch with a close friend.

On my menu: Beecher's Grilled Cheese (it comes in that perfect package!) with pickled beets and cauliflower, a soy mocha and a S'more Chocolate Hot Cake (there are several different types). As a bonus: the fabulous branding. Everything in the the shop is adorable and streamlined, chic and crisp. If you haven't been, I highly recommend sampling a savory (béchamel pocket pie!) as well as a sweet. I'd like to go back and grab a boozy shake one evening! Valentine's Day, anyone? Get there!












Blogging tips